Comments [5]

Anonymous
More concisely, "eating tofu" is a euphemism for groping. So, in a sense, in a certain context like this one... it could be considered a kind of flirting. But in general no, that's dangerous, that's a very dangerous interpretation. There's a good reason Lu Zhiqiao wants to slap her. XD
Yeah, i pondered a lot on this, at first I used 'molesting' but the context didn't seem like Lu Zhiqiao was really offended so I downplayed it with 'flirting' i took up the meaning here

https://chinareportasean.com/2018/01/24/what-does-eat-tofu-in-chinese-mean-chat-with-chinese/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CTo%20eat%20tofu%E2%80%9D%20means%20to,vinegar%E2%80%9D%20means%20to%20be%20jealous.
Anonymous
Thanks so much for your wonderful translations! Still so very slowly waiting for the iceberg to melt completely 😅
Anonymous
Well that was disappointing. I actually cheered when I read Qi Yan was taken away by police because I thought it was going to be because she went and assaulted that pig teacher for what he did. That was disappointing that it was just to give a statement